||Pressurized entrained flow gasification reactor / Pressurized molten bed reactor
||SINTEF Energy Research
SINTEF Energy Lab, Trondheim (map)
||Research manager Per Carlsson – email@example.com, +47 930 04 815
||The entrained flow reactor is designed to contain all main equipment that is found in a full-scale gasification plant. It is designed to operate for 8 hours continuously with biomass at10 kW of thermal power. The limitation is the fuel storage (currently 50 litres). Hence, if fuels with higher heating value is used the reactor can operated with higher thermal power. The upper limitation in thermal power from a design perspective is the down stream gas cooling system. The cooling system, which contain two subsystems (first a radiative cooler and then a convective cooler) has a combined cooling capacity of approximately 60 kW. There are electrical heating elements on the periphery of the gasification reactor which are used to pre heat the reactor and which can be used for pressurized pyrolysis experiments (at lower temperature) or for indirect gasification with CO2 or steam at higher temperatures. The inner dimensions of the reactor are 200 mm in diameter and 800 mm long and it can be operated both with the gas and slag outlet at the bottom as a typical entrained flow reactor, or with gas outlet at the side wall. In the later configuration the system resembles more a fixed/molten bed reactor which may allow for larger fuel particles. There three sampling ports in the gasification reactor, one after the radiative cooler and one after the convective cooler.
- Design temperature: 1500°C
- Maximum operating temperature: 1450 °C
- Design pressure: 10 bar
- Maximum operating pressure: 8 bar
- Available gasses and gasification agents: N2, O2, CO2, Steam (installation in 2019).
- Fuel storage volume: 50 l.
- Heating element installed thermal power: 40 kW
- Fuel design thermal power: 10 kW.
- Fuel feeding capability (particle size): ~50 – 2000 µm
- Gas cooling system: Two stage dry system; indirect water cooled radiative gas cooler followed by indirect water cooled convective cooler.
- Gas sampling system: Heat traced gas sampling line directly after the radiative cooler for particle, tar and gas system.
- Online particle sampling with ELPI, online gas sampling with FTIR and µGC.