NorBioLab aims to serve the user community at various levels, from state-of-the-art research to shorter user assignments, focusing on
- Advanced technology and competence development, education, knowledge transfer and training.
- Broad interdisciplinary user environments, both academic and industrial.
Access is provided to academic, institute and industrial user groups outside the host institutions, generally through cooperative projects, contract research or scientific visits. The different partners manage and coordinate access in cooperation with the NorBioLab steering committee.
The following general principles apply for all access:
- Access is be approved by the local lab management, based on a written request detailing project information, samples, analysis, training, financing and HSE details.
- Access of postdoc, PhD, researchers and scientists must be agreed on when the funding is applied for.
- In case of limited capacity, priority will be given to projects owned by NorBioLab research groups and multidiciplinary projects established and planned in cooperation with user groups.